LibreFeed is a revolutionary free/open-source least-cost feed formulation software by Sysnova Information Systems Limited.
LibreFeed software is a comprehensive free/open-source tool designed to meet the formulation needs of professional nutritionists and feed producers.
- The free/open-source nature of LibreFeed also makes it ideal for use in academic institutions and universities.
- LibreFeed is user-friendly and simple to download and set up on any desktop or laptop computer.
- LibreFeed is customizable and easily allows any nutritionist to enter unlimited numbers of ingredients and formulations.
LibreFeed aims to bring benefits of the free/open-source software movement to the global livestock industry.
Ingredients: LibreFeed contains a default nutritional database for major ingredients like maize/corn, wheat, wheat bran, rice, rice bran, soybean meal and soybean oil based on well-established USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) nutritional specifications. Users can edit these nutritional specifications and add unlimited ingredients.
Formulations: LibreFeed contains default formulations for well-known breeds of commercial layers based on published nutritional standards of breeding companies. Users can edit these formulations and add unlimited new formulations.
Prices: LibreFeed comes with a default set of prices which the user can update to reflect current market rates.
Technical Features :
- LibreFeed desktop formulation software is released under an open-source license which means it will never require any license fee.
- LibreFeed formulation software has been developed in Java programming language, which supports all computer operating systems (MS Windows, Mac and Linux).
- An Android app will also be released in future.
- All formulation, ingredient and price data is stored in free/open-source H2 database, which is also written in Java and will work in any platform.
Commercial Web-Based Version: A web-based multi-user collaborative version of LibreFeed will be released as a commercial product for purchase by large companies with multiple feed mills and nutritionists.